Keselowski Finishes 11th at New Hampshire
September 23, 2013THE RACE
Sylvania 300 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (1.058-mile oval, Loudon, N.H.)
Sunday, September 22, 2013
The No. 22 Miller Lite Ford Fusion
Driven By Brad Keselowski
Start Position: 20
Finish Position: 11
Current Driver's Points Position: 14
THE RACE REVIEW
· Brad Keselowski and the No. 22 Miller Lite Ford Fusion team started the Sylvania 300 from the 20th position.
· During the first 30 laps of the race, before the NASCAR-mandated competition caution, Keselowski radioed that his car was handling too loose entering turn 1, but he was very happy with the Miller Lite Ford’s performance in turns 3 and 4.
· A fuel-only pit stop on lap 32 allowed Keselowski to restart the race from the third position on lap 36. His Miller Lite Ford Fusion showed exceptional speed on older tires as Keselowski consistently turned the fastest laps on the track.
· Following a green-flag pit stop at lap 113, Keselowski cycled around to the fifth position. After radioing that the car was to his liking, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) champion again posted some of the fastest lap times in the field.
· After entering his pit stall in the third position at lap 166, a miscue on the right-front of the car led to Keselowski restarting from the 16th position at lap 170.
· Showing great fortitude, the Miller Lite driver began to work his way back toward the front of the field. After electing to take four tires on the last pit stop at lap 247, Keselowski restarted from the 16th position at lap 251.
· By lap 260, Keselowski was scored in the 10th position. Two laps later, while attempting to make his way inside the top five, he momentarily lost control of the car in the center of turns 3 and 4, which resulted in the loss of several positions.
· Over the remaining laps, Keselowski was able to fight back to the 11th position before taking the checkered flag. With the result, Keselowski remains 14th in the NSCS point standings.
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR RACE ON SUNDAY?
“We had a really, really fast Miller Lite Ford, but we sit here after the race with nothing to show for it. That’s kind of been the story for us in 2013. Even after the pit road issue I still thought we had a chance to win the race. That’s how good our car was today. After the issue in turns 3 and 4 we just had to get as many spots as we could before the end of the race. We’re just not putting full races together and that’s not good enough to win at this level. There is no shortage of effort, we just need results.”
Back to previous page.
Copyright ©2008 Penske Racing. All rights reserved