No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Preview - Texas
October 30, 2012No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Team News and Notes
• This weekend the No. 12 Penske Dodge will compete under the Alliance Truck Parts banner. Alliance Truck Parts is a brand of Daimler Trucks North America LLC, the largest heavy-duty truck manufacturer in North America. Find out more at alliancetruckparts.com or follow at @allianceparts on Twitter or www.facebook.com/alliancetruckparts on Facebook.
• This weekend will mark Hornish's 64th Nationwide Series start - he has scored one victory, one pole, 11 top-five and 26 top-10 finishes in series competition
• This will mark Hornish's sixth NASCAR Nationwide Series start at Texas Motor Speedway. He has six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts and 13 IZOD IndyCar Series career starts at the venue, which include three IndyCar victories (2007, 2002 & 2001)
• This is the 13th consecutive year that Hornish has contested a race at Texas Motor Speedway dating back to 2000
• After 30 races, Hornish and the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge team are ranked fourth in the NNS Championship point standings.
• This weekend the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger will race chassis PRS-282 which Hornish drove to a fourth-place finish at Loudon earlier this year
• Here's a fun fact - Hornish has a "Family Guy" pinball machine in the game room of his home in Mooresville, NC
• Penske Racing has 364 all-time race victories with 102 NASCAR wins and 423 pole positions overall, including 127 NASCAR poles.
• Follow Hornish at @PenskeRacing, @SamHornish, www.penskeracing.com, www.samhornish.com and on Facebook - www.facebook.com/penskeracing and www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Hornish-Jr
• #PenskePride - fans can Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo is named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver
Sam Hornish Jr. comments about this weekend's O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge
"Texas is a great place to race, the fans are terrific and I've had some special moments there so it is always great to go back. We were strong here in the spring race, but we were not able to capitalize on the run. As long as we can finish, which has been a challenge for us lately, I feel like we have a legitimate shot at getting our Alliance Truck Parts Dodge into victory lane this Saturday night."
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments about this weekend's O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge
"Since this is our first time racing at night during the fall race it will be something new. This track is fast and it is challenging for the crew, the driver and the crew chief. The track surface makes it interesting for us to stay ahead of the changing conditions during the race. Track position, as usual, will be a big factor in the outcome of the race. The Alliance Truck Parts Dodge has been fast on the 1.5 mile tracks - we just need to put it all together and hopefully if we finish, we can bring home a well-deserved victory."
Back to previous page.
Copyright ©2008 Penske Racing. All rights reserved