No. 22 Snap-on Dodge Challenger Preview - Richmond
September 4, 2012Ryan Blaney looks forward to his return to Penske Racing
No. 22 Snap-on Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week's Challenger... Ryan Blaney and the Penske Racing Snap-on Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS 222 during Friday's Virginia 529 College Savings 250 at Richmond International Raceway (RIR). This chassis previously raced at Iowa, Michigan and Fontana.
• The No. 22 Snap-on Dodge Challenger in 2012... Following 24 points-paying events, the No. 22 Snap-on Dodge team sits sixth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings following a second-place finish last weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway with Brad Keselowski behind the wheel.
• New face of Penske Racing... This weekend will mark Blaney's second of three scheduled races in the No. 22 Dodge Challenger with Penske Racing. Blaney comes from a long line of racing heritage, following in the footsteps of his father, Dave Blaney, the former World of Outlaws champion and current NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver. Blaney has been hailed as one of NASCAR's most promising young talents and he is a welcome addition to the Penske Racing lineup.
• A Family Tradition... The history behind the No. 22 is deeply rooted within the Blaney family. Not many father-son duos can say that they have raced the same car number, but Dave and Ryan Blaney now share that tradition. Dave made a record 104 starts in the No. 22 under Bill Davis Racing before Penske Racing acquired the number at the end of the 2009 season. This weekend Ryan will continue to add to the family tradition and proudly carry on the history of the No. 22 entry.
• Back in Richmond... Blaney made his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut at Richmond earlier this season. In April, he earned an impressive eighth-place starting spot and a seventh-place finish. Blaney has made two K&N Pro Series starts at RIR and he earned one top-10 finish.
• Out and About the Track... Blaney will participate in the Nationwide Series autograph session on Friday, September 7 from 2:00-3:00 pm ET in the Amphitheater behind the Commonwealth Tower at RIR.
• #PenskePride...Penske Racing is asking fans to show their Penske Pride through a unique social media contest that will last for the balance of the 2012 season. Through the #PenskePride contest, each race weekend fans will Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing organization, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in unique and creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo will be named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver.
Back to previous page.
Copyright ©2008 Penske Racing. All rights reserved