No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola
Saturday, September 15, 2012
TV: ESPN2 at 3:00 PM ET Radio: MRN/Sirius 90
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-225 during Saturday’s Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola at Chicagoland Speedway. Keselowski last raced this chassis to victory at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in July.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2012... Following 25 points-paying events, the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team sits seventh in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings following a ninth-place finish at Richmond International Raceway with driver Ryan Blaney.
• Keselowski Climbing the Charts… By taking the checkered flag in the Indy 250 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in July, Keselowski tied Greg Biffle for 14th place on the all-time NNS win list with 20 victories. Keselowski is now one win away from tying NASCAR legends Dale Earnhardt and Harry Gant for 12th place on the list.
• Keselowski Speedway Stats…In 126 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated 14 wins, 57 top-five finishes, 79 top-10 results and nine pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 2,229 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
• Defending Winner… After starting last season’s race from the second position, Keselowski dominated the event by leading a total of 158 laps en route to his 15th career victory.
• #PenskePride…Penske Racing is asking fans to show their Penske Pride through a unique social media contest that will last for the balance of the 2012 season. Through the #PenskePride contest, each race weekend fans will Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing organization, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in unique and creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo will be named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver.
• Pick 22 To Win… Discount Tire, America’s largest tire and wheel retailer, and NASCAR champion driver Brad Keselowski, are providing an exciting way for race fans to follow the action and win great prizes with the Pick 22 to Win online sweepstakes. At pick22towin.com fans select where Keselowski and his No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger will finish in a designated Nationwide Series race. There are 15 separate Nationwide Series races for fans to participate in for a chance to win free sets of tires and great autographed Brad Keselowski race gear.
Brad Keselowski on racing at Chicagoland Speedway
“I like the fact that Chicago has developed a lot of character over the years. Midwestern winters have taken their toll on the racing surface. It’s not Atlanta, but it is pretty hard on tires. You can race side-by-side, which is what everyone wants to see. Restarts can get crazy at Chicago, especially if you are on the inside, because guys can really hold you down on the bottom and make life difficult for you.”
Brad Keselowski on racing in the Midwest
“I place a lot of emphasis on running well in the Midwest. It’s an important area to me and my family. My dad and uncle won a lot of races around there. My brother and I won a lot of late model races in the Midwest as well. It means a lot to me to run up front and contend for wins when I go back now with Penske Racing. Many times, this is the only opportunity that some of my family and childhood friends have to watch me race.”
Crew chief Jeremy Bullins on this weekend’s race at Chicagoland Speedway
“Having Brad in the car really helps the overall program on the Discount Tire Dodge. Outside of the race at Bristol, we haven’t finished worse than second since early July. That solid presence can only help Ryan Blaney as we move forward with him. We want to continue that streak with Brad this weekend at Chicagoland, a place where he won last year. Hopefully we can get his weekend off to a good start and that will carry over to the first race of the Chase.”