No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Subway Jalapeno 250 powered by Coca-Cola
Daytona International Speedway
Friday, July 6, 2012
TV: ESPN2 at 7 PM ET Radio: MRN/Sirius 90
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-208 during Friday night’s Subway Jalapeno 250 powered by Coca-Cola at Daytona International Speedway. Keselowski drove this chassis to a 20th-place finish at Talladega Superspeedway in May.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2012... Following 15 points-paying events, the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team sits ninth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings following a seventh-place finish at Kentucky Speedway last weekend.
• Keselowski Climbing the Charts… By taking the checkered flag in the History 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway in May, Keselowski remains in 15th place on the NNS all-time wins list with 18 victories. Keselowski is now two wins away from tying Greg Biffle for 14th place on the all-time list.
• Goodyear “Gives Back” for Third Straight Year... The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, exclusive tire supplier of NASCAR’s three major national series, is honoring the U.S. Armed Forces with the launch of the “Goodyear Gives Back” program, a charitable fund-raising effort to benefit Support Our Troops(R). Fans can join in by visiting www.Goodyear.com/GivesBack, where they can bid on authentic race-used Goodyear NASCAR tires autographed by drivers and other racing memorabilia, make direct donations, and purchase limited edition Goodyear Gives Back merchandise – all to benefit the Support Our Troops organization.
• Keselowski Restrictor-Plate Stats… In 27 restrictor-plate starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated one win, five top-five finishes, seven top-10 results and one pole award. In addition, he has led the field for 130 laps at Talladega Superspeedway and Daytona International Speedway.
• Pick 22 To Win… Discount Tire, America’s largest tire and wheel retailer, and NASCAR champion driver Brad Keselowski, are providing an exciting way for race fans to follow the action and win great prizes with the Pick 22 to Win online sweepstakes. At pick22towin.com fans select where Keselowski and his No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger will finish in a designated Nationwide Series race. There are 15 separate Nationwide Series races for fans to participate in for a chance to win free sets of tires and great autographed Brad Keselowski race gear.
Brad Keselowski on racing at Daytona International Speedway
“There are a lot of things that I’m proud to have accomplished since I began running in the Nationwide Series, but I haven’t been able to win at Daytona. If there is one goal that I still have, it’s a Daytona win. I’ve had cars capable of winning on several occasions. That is encouraging because I feel that if we keep putting ourselves in position to win, we’ll get there. We were almost there in February, but we had to settle for second after that big wreck on the last lap. This Discount Tire Dodge team is capable of winning on any given weekend. Hopefully we can get that first Daytona win on Friday night.”
Crew chief Jeremy Bullins on preparing a car for Daytona International Speedway
“Before I came over to Penske Racing, I always observed that their Superspeedway stuff was really good. Our fabricators and engine department take a lot of pride in restrictor-plate racing and it shows. It’s never a matter of whether or not we can get up front and lead laps, but more about putting ourselves in the right position to close the deal. The car we have this weekend is the same one we had at Daytona and Talladega earlier in the year. We’ve made some improvements to it and we’re excited about its possibilities. Brad is, obviously, a great restrictor-plate racer with three career wins on these kinds of tracks. I’m confident that he can take us to Victory Lane this weekend.”