No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Team News and Notes
• Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger, will make his 14th start of the 2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) season Saturday afternoon in the Sargento 200 at Road America
• This will mark Hornish's first Nationwide Series start at Road America and his second-ever start at the venue, as his only other start was in 1999 when he finished ninth while driving in the Toyota Atlantic Series.
• From 2006 to present, Hornish has made a total of 46 NNS starts. He has scored one victory, four top-five and 12 top-10 finishes
• After 13 races Hornish and the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge team are fourth in the NNS Championship point standings.
• This weekend the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger will race with chassis PRS-220, which has not yet raced this year.
• Alliance Truck Parts has its own fantasy racing league which gives participants the opportunity to win cash and prizes. Go to www.allianceracingleague.com for details.
• Fun fact - Sam's maternal grandmother is a full-blood Chippewa Indian.
• Penske Racing has 357 all-time race victories with 102 stock car wins and 418 pole positions overall including 129 NASCAR poles.
• Tune in to the SPEED Channel on Sunday, June 24 to see Hornish as he continues in his first season as an analyst on SPEED Center.
• Follow Hornish at @PenskeRacing, @SamHornish, www.penskeracing.com, www.samhornish.com and the Penske Racing Facebook page - www.facebook.com/penskeracing and www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Hornish-Jr
Sam Hornish Jr. comments about this weekend's Sargento 200
"I am really looking forward to this weekend as I haven't raced at Road America for quite a while. This is a classic road course with a great racing heritage which makes it a special place to race. It is a very demanding track and it presents challenges in driving and strategy. Our Alliance Truck Parts Dodge has been running strong and we are ready to bring home a strong finish. My Penske Racing crew has been building great cars and the pit-crew has been solid so we are optimistic heading into this weekend."
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments about this weekend's Sargento 200
"Road America is a great track that has a lot of history and I feel as though we should do very well there in our Alliance Truck Parts Dodge. The team has been steadily improving throughout the season and this event will give us another opportunity to showcase our strengths. The length of the track puts an emphasis on strategy and speed, both of which we feel pretty good about. This race should be great for the fans as the mix of Nationwide Series regulars and the road course specialist always creates a lot of action."