Saturday, March 9, 4:00pm ET
No.12 Wurth Ford Mustang driven by Sam Hornish Jr.
Primary Chassis:PRS-241 Last Race:New Chassis
Backup Chassis:PRS-245 Last Raced:New Chassis
• LUCKY NUMBER 12: The 2013 line-up for the No. 12 Penske Racing Ford is off to a strong start as it holds down the top spot in the Nationwide Series standings for the second consecutive week.
• ODDS IN FAVOR: Hornish has five starts across three different series (three in Cup, one in IndyCar and one in Nationwide) at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. He scored a top-10 here in last year's Nationwide Series race.
• TENACITY FOSTERS METTLE: Last week at Phoenix the No. 12 Ford was caught up in a lap two wreck that could have ended its day early, but the team fought back in the pits and on the racing surface to make a potential negative outcome into a definite positive result. In doing so the team served noticed that they fully intend to contend for the series title in 2013.
SAM HORNISH, JR. NO. 12 WURTH FORD
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS HEADING TO LAS VEGAS?
"I'm undecided about whether to go to a casino and gamble to try to change my luck, or just save my good luck for the track. Having said that, we are in a fantastic position right now, and I think it is just going to keep getting better. This weekend will allow us to see what we have on the mile-and-a-half tracks, and I have the feeling that the Wurth Ford Mustang is going to be strong. "
GREG ERWIN, CREW CHIEF NO. 12 WURTH FORD
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THE LAS VEGAS RACE?
"After a tremendously challenging weekend in Phoenix, the No. 12 team is looking to get back on track in Las Vegas with the Wurth Ford Mustang. Las Vegas is remarkably fast and will highlight the aerodynamic and horsepower differences between the teams. We feel that the Mustangs should be highly competitive. NASCAR has provided us with some extra tires and practice time to help the teams make their cars better so we will put on a great show for the fans."
No. 22 Discount Tire Ford Mustang driven by Brad Keselowski
Primary Chassis PRS-244 Last Raced:New Chassis
Backup Chassis: PRS-246 Last Raced:New Chassis
• SNAKE BITTEN IN THE DESERT: Las Vegas Motor Speedway is one of the few tracks that have not been kind to Brad Keselowski in his career, especially in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. He's had a car capable of winning on several occasions, but not the luck. Keselowski entered last year's event on the heels of back-to-back top-five finishes. He had strong car but fuel issues on pit road kept him from challenging for the victory.
• 20 AND COUNTING: Keselowski's 20 career NASCAR Nationwide Series wins place him tied with Greg Biffle for 14th-place in all-time wins.
• TRACK RECORD HOLDER: Keselowski captured his first Coors Light Pole Award as a member of Penske Racing in the 2010 Sam's Town 300 qualifying session with a lap of 29.122 seconds, a blistering track record that still stands.
BRAD KESELOWSKI, NO. 22 DISCOUNT TIRE FORD
DOES IT FEEL LIKE LAS VEGAS OWES YOU ONE?
"It's easy to fall into a trap of thinking that you deserve a win at a track where you've had bad luck. One thing I'm always fond of saying is that past successes, or failures, do not guarantee future successes or failures. I know I've had cars good enough to win at Las Vegas. If that continues to happen I'm confident we'll get one soon."
DESCRIBE A LAP AROUND LAS VEGAS
"Things happen in a hurry at Las Vegas. Wrecks happen fast because you can quickly run up on another competitor and you can't waste time getting around someone. It's a momentum racetrack, for sure."
JEREMY BULLINS, CREW CHIEF NO. 22 DISCOUNT TIRE FORD
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS WEEKEND'S RACE?
"It's been a great start to the season, but now we get to our biggest test yet. The mile-and-a-half tracks have been our bread and butter. I think we are all anxious to see how we fare at Las Vegas this weekend because we know that Brad will give us a barometer for the program."
Practice 1:00pm ET (SPEED)
Final Practice 4:30pm ET (SPEED)
Qualifying 1:00pm ET (SPEED)
Sam's Town 300 4:00pm ET (ESPN2)
PRN & SiriusXM at 4:00pm ET