No. 12 WURTH Dodge Team News and Notes
• Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the No. 12 WURTH Dodge Challenger, will make his 15th start of the 2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) season Friday evening in the Feed the Children 300 at Kentucky Speedway
• This race marks the fourth appearance of the season for Wurth as the primary sponsor of the No. 12 Penske Racing Dodge in NNS competition. Wurth will serve as the primary sponsor at a total of seven events this year. The Wurth Companies of North America provide customers with everything they need to succeed in the Automotive, Industrial and Woodworking Industries. Whether it is a small body shop or nationwide fleet maintenance company, Wurth USA offers the unparalleled selection and unbeatable service that is synonymous with the Wurth brand
• Hornish's return to Kentucky Speedway marks his first-ever stock car start at the venue
• Hornish has eight previous IndyCar starts at the venue which include one pole (2003) and two victories (2006 & 2003) with 288 laps led
• From 2006 to present, Hornish has made a total of 47 NNS starts during which he has scored one victory, five top-five and 12 top-10 finishes positions
• After 14 races Hornish and the Wurth Dodge team are fourth in the NNS Championship point standings just 11 points out of third place and 34 points out of first place
• This weekend the No. 12 Wurth Dodge Challenger will race with chassis PRS-229 which Hornish drove to a fourth-place finish at Darlington in May
• #PenskePride- Penske Racing is asking fans to show their Penske Pride through a unique social media contest that will last for the balance of the 2012 season. Through the #PenskePride contest, each race weekend fans will have the opportunity to Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support for the Penske Racing organization, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in unique and creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo will be named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver
• Penske Racing has 357 all-time race victories with 103 stock car wins and 418 pole positions overall including 129 NASCAR poles.
• Tune in to SpeedTV on Sunday, July 1 to see Hornish as he continues in his first season as an analyst on SPEED Center.
• Follow Hornish at @PenskeRacing, @SamHornish, www.penskeracing.com, www.samhornish.com and the Penske Racing Facebook page - www.facebook.com/penskeracing and www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Hornish-Jr
Sam Hornish Jr. comments about this weekend's Feed the Children 300
"Kentucky has been a great track for me in the past as I have a couple of IndyCar victories there. And just like last weekend this will be my first-time racing a Nationwide Series car at this track so I am looking forward to another strong finish. Our Wurth Dodge team has been consistently chipping away it and our performances have been steadily improving throughout the season. We just need to keep our heads down and give it our best Friday night and we ought to have a shot a top finish."
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments about this weekend's Feed the Children 300
"We are looking forward to our first outing with Sam and Wurth at Kentucky. We have built a few consistent runs over the last few weeks, and we feel like we have put ourselves right back in the hunt for the Nationwide Series championship. Kentucky is a track that is strongly suited for Sam, as we have shown good speed at the one-and-a-half mile tracks that have less banking this season. The track has some personality bumps, so ride quality; rear security and on throttle stability are paramount."